The books of The Lake Bank tell a story of continued progress that cannot be refuted.
The Lake Bank is the oldest bank in Lake County, being established in 1889 as Sellwook, Burke & Co. In 1897 the name of the bank was changed to Bank of Two Harbors, remaining a private bank until 1908, at which time it was reorganized under the state bank laws and adopted the name of Commercial State Bank. In September 1999, the bank was converted to a national bank and thanks to a community contest renamed; The Lake Bank, National Association. Then in 2005, the bank converted back to a state charter which it remains today.
The Lake Bank has remained a strong community bank serving all of our customer needs. Offering traditional banking services and much more.
We look forward to serving the Two Harbors and Silver Bay communities as a strong, solid and secure financial institution as we have in the past 120 years!